Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Implement the best tools and methods in order to validate the player experience and ensure it corresponds to the development teams’ intention and the players’ expectations.
- Receive and prioritise demands from the studios/projects to make/carry out the play-tests or studies and define the priorities;
- Prepare the planning for the play-tests/studies to take place;
- Write test briefing and plans, analyse results and write play-test reports;
- Create or facilitate bespoke playtests when needed (i.e. in situ, open beta, etc.);
- Develop analytics within Ubisoft Reflections (tools and methodologies);
- Deploy internal playtest best practices and tools (infopath / DNA / open beta tracking tools);
- Manage tasks and projects from concept through to completion;
- Communicate professionally across the Ubisoft group, including external partners and contacts;
- Partake in international communication and double reporting;
- Maintain awareness of ongoing project needs and define the priorities and criteria for playtests;
- Use tools and methods available to help the development team make player-informed decisions;
- Produce benchmarks and analysis of competitors’ games;
- Create thematic studies on the studio’s precise demands;
- Present opinions on game design and quality upon request to production team and/or management team;
- Work closely to turn user data into actionable feedback for developers;
- Assist in creation of both formal and informal reports to relay feedback to the developers;
- Create focused survey questions based upon developer requirements;
- Assist the Lead Game User Researcher in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge or strong interest in BI/Analytics/metrics approach;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Ability to multi-task and manage many initiatives simultaneously;
- Excellent video game knowledge (both Ubisoft games and competitor products) is desirable but not essential;
- Ability to communicate professionally and comfortably across all levels of the Ubisoft business, including external partners and contacts;
- Be task driven, self-motivated and have excellent time management skills;
- Strong initiative and proactive attitude;
- Knowledge of the video game industry;
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Strong ability to organise and present information.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in HCI, Computer Science, Psychology or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in cognitive psychology, cognitive science, social psychology, human-computer interactions, human factors, cultural anthropology or other relevant training.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.