Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
The Learning and Development Specialist will act as a point of contact for team member’s learning needs, facilitate the smooth running of Learning and Development initiatives within in the studios and oversee the learning experience platform.
- Work with Learning and Development Manager in planning, designing and implementing learning initiatives that meet the needs of the studios
- Develop strong relationships with all areas of the studios in order to collaborate and identify training needs
- Assess training programmes and initiatives to ensure they meet identified needs and fit with the overall studios objectives
- Implement and administer all activities related to setting up a learning activity from research, organisation, logistics and administration
- Implement a logistical process to facilitate the delivery of Learning and Development activities
- Ensure all planned Learning and Development activities are executed to the desired quality, within budget, liaising with key stakeholders as appropriate
- Carry out administrative and coordination tasks including but not limited to training event attendance, generating reports, maintaining Learning Experience Platform, and processing paper and electronic documents
- Facilitate training sessions as required
- Manage the studios’ on-site library
- Introduce the new Learning Experience Platform to the studios, evangelising its use within the development teams
- Develop strong relationships with other Ubisoft studios and teams, thus contributing to the Ubisoft Learning community
- Encourage cross studio sharing, promoting the internal expertise that exists within the studio
- Develop a process for attending external conferences in a Learning and Development capacity
- Monitor and evaluate all Learning and Development Programme activities and return on investment;
- Work within the wider Studio Operations team, contributing to the studio’s objectives
- Facilitate and promote internal initiatives and knowledge transfer;
- Travel between studios as required
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Have the desire to work with people and to strive for high standards;
- Appreciation of video game industry and video game production is desired;
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of collaborators;
- Autonomous and geared towards results;
- Have a strong customer-focused mindset;
- Comfortable working with databases and reporting tools;
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and report building skills.
- Previous experience of organising and delivering training as part of a Learning and Development team is essential;
- Previous experience of HRIS systems and e-learning platforms is desired.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.