Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
The Junior Technical artist will develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
- Provide documentation of the art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within the assigned project;
- Profile game scenes and ensure assets are game ready;
- Work with other team members to find ways to improve quality standards on the project;
- Assist in the optimisation of content for memory and performance gains;
- Assist the Technical Art Director with the creation of documentation;
- Help to improve the pipelines and skills needed to for the production art team;
- Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
- Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
- Document approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
- Work with the Technical Art Director and Senior Technical Artists to identify ways to increase efficiencies in process and production pipelines;
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, modelling, animation and texturing when required;
- Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive and results orientated;
- Willingness to share knowledge openly;
- Knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
- Basic knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
- Interest and knowledge in scripting and programming using Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Good time management and prioritisation skills;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Understanding of art asset pipelines;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment;
- Experience in the video game industry is essential.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.