Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
The Brand Director will be embedded within the development team to build the blueprint strategy & roadmap and manage & build the brands marketing teams;
- Determine market benchmarks, key success factors, threats and opportunities for the brand;
- Develop and maintaining the strategic and visual direction of our IP in close collaboration with the development teams;
- Define, qualify and quantify the brand’s target market;
- Initiate relevant consumer research to confirm/adjust the DNA of the brand in time;
- Ensure the products' long-term management and performance by continuously growing the brands core values by integrating feedback from operational marketing and the editorial product’s strategy team;
- Check and ensure marketability of all features added to the game;
- Coach internal teams on the brand strategy and its DNA.
- Establish and monitor budgets for the project;
- Coordinator the efforts on with marketing and PR teams at a corporate level;
- Have regular check-ins with team members and supporting their goals and targets;
- Work collaboratively with other department heads to hit goals. Build working relationships with others cross-functionally.
- Partner with Ubisoft marketing teams, as well as external agencies to drive impact, quality and efficiency of content;
- Be a point of contact for Ubisoft internal business and marketing teams, coordinate and prioritize requests from those teams;
- Create communications and PR plan in collaboration with internal PR teams;
- Organise events as well as visits from press and stakeholders;
- Manage brand merchandise;
- Plan and prepare project presentations for major milestones.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of consumer trends and gamer demographics;
- Can drive brand development to be in line with current trends and have the ability re-position and re-target the scope;
- Knowledge of different business models and their impact on IP/Product;
- Can blend creative strategies with analytic data;
- Interact in a diplomatic manner with multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization;
- A broad interest in mass-media entertainment, such as games, comics, movies, TV and literature as well as knowledge of online, social media, and consumer electronics.
- 7+ years of experience in management and production of assets, in particular the creation of logotypes, trailers, high-res art and Iconic images;
- Experience with presentations and acting as a speaker;
- Experience in organizing consumer events and trade shows as well as press visits;
- Desirable experience in social media, including content development, community engagement and influencer marketing;
- Experience within the video game industry is essential.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.