From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Tell me more about Ubisoft Reflections
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Assist in the creation and implementation of design elements while working within a collaborative multi-discipline environment.
- Integrate assigned levels with support from team members;
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level according to the creative vision of the project;
- Assist in the testing of new features and tools developed by the Technical Level Design team and provide relevant feedback;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work in line with the defined quality standards for the project;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Develop an understanding of Rational Level Design theory and implement content according to defined guidelines;
- Maintain and update relevant documentation as part of the design process;
- Work with internal quality control team as part of any debugging process by communicating and working towards resolving any reported issues;
- Participate in regular content reviews with the team to generate feedback and incorporate changes as required;
- Participate in the playtest process and observe player actions on the project to generate feedback for the team;
- Support the Lead Level Designer with any other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (such as python, LUA etc.);
- Basic understanding of level design tools and software as part of the production pipeline and workflow;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.);
- Basic understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.);
- Good knowledge of level editors;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Adaptability and proactivity;
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Good understanding of consumer needs and market trends;
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or other relevant training
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.