From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Tell me more about Ubisoft Reflections
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Working in the Animation team, create and integrate well executed animation elements. Your work will bring life to our in-game characters and assets.
- Develop and maintain knowledge from the Game Design documents
- Follow Animation direction to realise the expected quality in fluidity, uniformity, justice etc.
- Use the 3D models and rigs provided to create animations using the chosen style
- Build relationships with Technical Animators, Designers and Programmers in order to best deliver your work while understanding technical constraints
- Work within the scheduled time allocated for your work following the priorities established by the Lead Animator
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Keep your understanding and knowledge within Animation up-to-date with industry standards in this evolving field
- Optimise your work to adhere to the technical requirements of the game and the consoles use
- Check your work in-game and through regular playing help identify improvements, consistency and optimisations that can be made
- Correct animation bugs as entered in the database for example with weight perception problems, discontinuity of movement etc.
- Some limited travel may be expected to other studios depending upon the project
- Document and archive your work regularly
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Animation techniques which can be applied to create good quality work
- Willingness to develop an understanding of how other disciplines interact with Animation
- Ability to work on animations from concept, through source and implement into engine
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable
- Good working knowledge of industry standard animation software such as 3DS Max, Maya and Motion Builder
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable
- Previous experience of working in a games industry internship or studio an advantage but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Art or other relevant training
- Experience in hand-keyed animation is desirable
- Experience in using 3DS Max, Maya and Motion Builder is advantageous
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.