Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Assist in the creation of game content that delivers a rewarding and exciting experience for the player with support from more experienced designers.
- Implement pre-existing designs with in-house visual scripting tools and editing software;
- Create original and fun ideas and implement them;
- Communicate the results of any prototypes and designs to other disciplines in order to validate your design intentions and that they fit with the creative vision;
- Identify requirements of any designs and communicate these to the appropriate teams in order that required content is created;
- Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for level designs into the game engine;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Implement player feedback to ensure accessibility and appropriate level of difficulty;
- Locate and fix bugs in the content produced by the team;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Conduct gameplay evaluations on work, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine
- tune and improve the game;
- Identify any additional programming requirements, specify the requirement and test the delivered product;
- Support the Lead Level Designer in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- A passion for games and a keen interest in gameplay creation;
- An aptitude for logical problem solving;
- Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities;
- Experience of level editing and scripting tools;
- A passion for computer games and an interest in the structure and design of individual
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines is desirable;
- Good organisational abilities and have a high level of attention to detail;
- Creative flair coupled with an analytical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Enthusiasm for on-going learning and self-development.
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional
- game studio environment or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or other relevant training.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.