Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Lead, mobilise and develop an art team within a collaborative multi-discipline environment; working with Production and other development teams, define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key-player in delivering the artistic content of the project.
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner regarding the VFX & Lighting;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines;
- Identify and set up best practices, work-flows and pipelines;
- Report to Production on the progress of work and any issues or risks relating to the project;
- Facilitate training initiatives for the team as required in liaison with the Learning & Development Manager;
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes in Direction into their team’s work;
- Make suggestions that are in-line with the game's marketing positioning;
- Keep open channels of communication across their team / collaborating studio / outsource partner;
- Produce schedules alongside the member of Production with respect of constraints;
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
- Manage the on-boarding process for new starters in their team;
- Regularly update their team and Production (including the use of ‘scrums’);
- Manage individual team members’ performance and progress;
- There may be some ability to travel needed for this role;
Conduct appropriate ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Lighting or VFX (or a combination of these) skills.
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of Lighting or VFX and how these are translated into in-game World Art.
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of industry standard graphics applications (e.g. Maya, Max, Nuke, etc.)
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable (e.g. game engines, 3D model toolsets and production pipelines)
- Previous management experience / team leadership and mentoring is desirable
- Previous experience of working in the games industry or studio environment an advantage but not essential
- Relevant VFX or lighting training, experience or degree an advantage
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.