Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Oversee and coordinate the live operations of a game/project and ensure the attainment of the objectives set by the Live Producer.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Help define the scope of the project and deliverables by estimating the impact in terms of workload and resources;
- Ensure that priorities are managed and respected according to the plan set out with the producer and online operations director;
- Report on the advancement of the deliverables (planned versus actual) to the team, producer and online operations director and address any gaps;
- Support and ensure the effective coordination of the operations and technical teams;
- Support and coordinate pre-launch operations activities (beta coordination);
- Take part in developing the launch plan and coordinate execution;
- Implement problem-solving processes with internal partners (GNS, TG, development teams, etc.);
- Ensure clear communications and effective coordination with internal and external service providers (SFO, online services, etc.).
- Supporting the line manager in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira, etc;
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers;
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication and general soft skills;
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc;
- Experience managing and leading technical staff;
- Several years of commercial software development experience as a senior engineer with significant involvement in 2 published games a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
Online/mobile game development experience an asset.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.