Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
- Analyse and determine if current UI functionalities in the game meet the project’s requirements
- Integrate user interface systems, menus and GUIs into the game in close collaboration with designers and programmers
- Develop tools and modules within the game engine to support the creation of the user interface
- Optimise user interface module code to run efficiently on game consoles
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, and assist the lead with planning and review of features and mentoring less experienced programmers
- Implement innovative solutions to feature requests, taking into account performance, maintability and appropriate resource usage
- Participate in the definition of coding practices and ensure coding standards are followed with regular code reviews
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and analyse technical constraints and establish solutions
- Demonstrate an understanding of load and feature testing , write test code, and develop test frameworks and processes
- Stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art technology and promote its use within the studio
- Integrate large-scale modules or components while minimising the impact on the rest of the programming team
- Contribute to and on occasion lead cross-studio collaboration communications in conjunction with the Lead Programmer
- Establish and maintain contact with their counterparts within the studio, share knowledge and best practices, and put those learnings to use on their projects
- Involved in the optimisation of systems
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with gameplay, UI concepts, and implementing game menus and HUDs
- Understanding of graphics rendering concepts
- Understanding of UX development principles
- Knowledge of UI frameworks such as Qt or imgui a plus
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development including design patterns and UML
- Extensive experience working with a large game codebase, and it's modules, middleware and associated pipeline
- Deep understanding of software performance considerations, with ability to design and implement well performance systems/features
- Significant knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application
- Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend, refactor and optimise an existing module
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.
- Understanding of the constraints and technical requirements for console platform development within their area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to mentor others
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- 6 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in multiple published games in a relevant programming capacity is a major plus
- Experience working with at least one modern console platform is an advantage
- Experience with profiling tools
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is a plus
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.