Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Deliver, with support, basic artistic content for the project and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the project’s technical constraints and artistic direction.
- With guidance, assist in planning out the space, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions;
- Create functional assets which can be shared across the project in respect of the technical and artistic constraints;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work;
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with technical artists and senior artists and make changes when necessary;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers;
- Fully realise a space with the assets available to tell an interesting and varied story;
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project;
- Develop an understanding of project tools and their functions, the project file classification system and the process of updating engine data;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Support the Lead Environment Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing environments;
- Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines;
- Working knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages and techniques;
- Understanding of composition visual story telling;
- Knowledge of level editors;
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Basic gameplay and level design knowledge is desirable;
- Knowledge of optimisation techniques (e.g. 3D Studio Max);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines is desirable.
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience in both hard surface and organic modelling;
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.