Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
The Vehicle Handling Designer will implement key vehicle systems with respect to the creative direction and technical constraints of the project.
- Responsible for implementing approved designs within the vehicle editor;
- Create and maintain game design documents as required;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Collaborate with the user research lab and QC teams in regards to playtests of prototypes and implement feedback into work;
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the competition of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tools;
- Contribute to the handling, gameplay, and mechanics setup;
- Prioritise and meet deadlines, document and communicate progress, participate in design meetings;
- Assist the Lead Game Designer in any other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Passion, knowledge and a strong interest in a wide range of video games, especially driving genre;
- An active interest in real world vehicles and motorsports, and the behaviour and performance of vehicles;
- Ability to translate vehicle performance designs into practical computer simulation implementations;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as perforce);
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts;
- Task driven, good time management and problem-solving skills, as well as strong analysis and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in games design or other relevant training;
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is a plus;
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in AAA development .
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.