Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
- Work with Producers to define the best structures and processes to deliver successful milestones and key builds;
- Ensure appropriate prioritisation and focus during milestones and closing periods, working with Worldwide QC and the development team to find appropriate solutions to blocking issues;
- Provide an ongoing assessment of all quality impacting risks, issues & dependencies at all stages of the project;
- Document and communicate the milestone closing procedures and ensure adherence to them within lead and co-dev studios;
- Define the best monitoring processes, tools and KPIs for tracking quality over the full project duration
- Define the QC reporting strategy and ensure its relevance throughout the production cycle;
- Work with Worldwide QC to identify the best QC partners for the project, and ensure the support adapts appropriately to changing project needs;
- Define priorities for QC and Build teams, balancing the needs of the project with the team workload;
- Working with QC Leads, develop effective debugging strategies and workflows to ensure thorough coverage and a high quality final product;
- Work with Technical Direction to develop automation strategies appropriate to the project, and define QC’s role within this;
- Assess and plan staffing requirements for Build and QC teams for the duration of the project;
- Manage the QC team, including direct management and mentoring of QC Leads;
- Motivate the team and manage their workload, motivation and performance effectively;
- Set appropriate objectives for your team members to foster their development in their current position or in view of their career perspectives, provide coaching and training for them as needed;
- Review the overall team performance, managing poorly performing team members and interpersonal conflicts appropriately.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and work calmly and effectively under pressure;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills;
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of issue & task tracking software (e.g. Jira), preferably with administrative experience;
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills;
- A proactive attitude, and resourceful nature – someone who thrives on autonomy.
- Experience in the video game industry is essential, with knowledge of the full production cycle, with at least 3 published games;
- Experience in team management;
- Experience in project management, with at least 1 published game desirable;
- Previous experience working with teams across multiple locations is desirable;
- Previous experience in DevOps development practices desirable;
- Previous experience in automated tested desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.