Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
The Data Manager will provide critical support to all game projects within the studio. They ensure the smooth operation of vital software services, perform key data operations within our build pipeline and source control systems, and critically they provide help-desk troubleshooting for our project development environment through working closely with IT.
- Provide a support role for production tools and pipelines to users within the studio and its projects.
- Responsible for the consistency of data and versions as well as ensuring the successful delivery of game builds to the various teams requiring them.
- Configure, maintain and provide account / administrative support for our source control systems (Perforce).
- Follow and uphold best practices for SCM and help support branch management and integration requests.
- Monitor build system for failures and errors and flag these to build engineers, development team and QC as appropriate.
- Proactively develop an understanding of multiple build system technologies used within the group (e.g. Dashboard, Jenkins, Team City, QuickBuild)
- Ensure quality and tracking of daily data generations.
- Proactively predict and resolve future issues (e.g. capacity constraints, maintenance intervals, etc).
- Proactively propose, develop and deploy improvements to our production processes and look for opportunities to optimise developer workflow.
- Identify tool support requirements for the team and proactively discuss requirements with the Tools Team.
- Be a primary point of contact for external support teams (HQ, Studio Collaboration etc.).
- Maintain a good general knowledge of the production pipelines and tools and provide up-to-date documentation on workflow methods, pipeline systems within a centralised accessible location.
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of a source control system (Perforce is especially beneficial)
- A rigorous and structured approach with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- A proactive attitude, resourceful nature and someone who thrives on autonomy.
- Ability to work calmly, considered and with purpose under pressure.
- Technical competency to understand the intricacies of pipelines and production tools and the ability to identify bottlenecks or other avenues for improvement.
- An interest in safekeeping and organizing data with strong work ethics around this.
- Experience and understanding of IT Systems, RAID, Networking
- An aptitude for scripting or knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Experience with automated build systems and continuous integration
- Experience of working within games development, preferably with at least one published title
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.