Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
The Finance Manager will play a vital role in the management and smooth running of the Finance department by ensuring the accuracy of the financial statements, month end processes & reporting for two studios within the UK.
- Manage the month end close process including review of relevant journal entries, reconciliations and reporting to stakeholders;
- Manage the Monthly payroll process, and stay on top of changes to legislations affecting this area;
- Review Quarterly VAT Return Submissions;
- Annual preparation of Statutory Accounts;
- Liaise and assist auditors as appropriate;
- Lead a small Finance team based over 2 sites in the UK;
- Work with the team on Quarterly Budget Reforecasts;
- Be involved in continuous development and review of internal control frameworks, identify weaknesses and implement procedures to reduce these.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the Business, internally and externally;
- Excellent Analytical Skills;
- Strong Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS;
- Ability to work to strict set deadlines;
- Proactivity is a must;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Working Knowledge of PeopleSoft is a plus;
- Working with Microstrategy Tool for Report Production also an advantage.
- Fully qualified accountant with a recognized accounting qualification;
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
Benefits & Relocation:
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.