Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Develop and champion artistic, creative and technical solutions, support game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams, provide education and documentation to elevate the quality of some of Ubisoft’s biggest IP’s.
· Understand best practices, pipelines and workflows;
· Blue Sky creative possibilities with the art and level design production teams;
· Facilitate the creation of Blue Sky creative concepts to technically feasible and performance experiences for industry leading content;
·Participate in technical art reviews, post-mortem analysis, encourage artists to share knowledge with their peers;
·Work with the technical art team to identify ways to increase efficiencies in processes and production pipelines. Constructively identify risks or flaws in proposed pipelines and content;
·Provide documentation of art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline as needed;
·Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects with content owners to meet the needs of the project;
· Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
· Consult with team members providing constructive advice and feedback;
· Provide training for artists in approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
· Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
· Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
· Proactive and results orientated;
· Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
· Willingness to share knowledge openly;
· Working knowledge of:
o standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
o working knowledge of Agile development, Jira, Confluence and QC processes
o industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop Houdini etc.;
· Technical proficiency in an area of 2D and 3D art and asset pipelines;
· Understanding of platform strengths and limitations;
· Aptitude for scripting and programming using Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
· Strong time management and prioritization skills;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK