Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Your Career Starts Here!
There is a huge variety of challenging and exciting positions available across our studios in Newcastle upon Tyne and Leamington Spa, so if you are a graduate looking to start your career in videogames, we want to hear from you!
Working within the narrative team and with other design teams, the Junior Narrative Designer is responsible for conceiving, creating and advocating appropriate narrative features, as well as writing narrative content.
• Understand the elements of gameplay and consider how they might affect the narrative structure;
• Collaborate with the lead narrative designer to implement narrative systems that effect the desired emotional responses in the player
• Collaborate with the lead narrative designer in the creation of content supporting the key emotions and the game experience (dialogue, scripted events, etc.);
• Create and maintain documentation of narrative systems and content;
• Participate in the development, implementation, and debugging of specific features and assets;
• Throughout the production, iterate on narrative systems and scripted events according to feedback;
• Assume writing responsibilities as required;
• Perform research related tasks as required.
Skills & knowledge
• A good understanding of linear and non-linear narrative;
• Must be able to demonstrate a broad writing proficiency or a writing expertise;
• Strong analytical and deductive reasoning;
• Must possess excellent listening and communication skills;
• The ability to be creative whenever needed;
This role is part of the Ubisoft Reflections and Ubisoft Leamington 2019 Graduate Campaign, and as such only applicants who have graduted in 2018, or are due to graduate in the summer of 2019 will be considered.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Ubisoft reserves the right to close this advert earlier should we feel we have received sufficient applications.