Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Your Career Starts Here!
There is a huge variety of challenging and exciting positions available across our studios in Newcastle upon Tyne and Leamington Spa, so if you are a graduate looking to start your career in videogames, we want to hear from you!
Work as part of the Game Design team to design, balance and realise a variety of game design features and systems. As part of this team you will develop design practices and principles relevant to AAA game design.
Lead Game Designer
- Contribute to the balance and design of game systems and features
- Participate in design discussions and meetings
- Work with other disciplines to effectively develop and realise features
- Communicate designs and features with the wider development team
- Develop an understanding of design practices, processes, tools and documentation
- Work with leads and mentors to ensure your designs adhere to the overall game direction, whilst supporting personal development
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platforms
- Rudimentary understanding of contemporary design principles
- Good time management and prioritisation skills;
- Knowledge of applications related to documentation such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Wiki etc.;
- Bachelor’s degree in game design or other relevant course
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ubisoft reserves the right to close this advert earlier should we feel we have received sufficient applications.