Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Be responsible for setting up, communicating & monitoring outsourcing mandates and the attainment of deliverables related to collaborations with internal & external partners as well as the optimisation of processes and pipelines relating to outsourced assets and the asset database.
- Implement outsourcing mandates with partners, adequately communicate these mandates to the lead studios and partner teams, adapt the mandates whenever necessary and ensure compliance during production;
- Oversee the preparations for the collaborations: mandate definition, technical setup, communication networks, training plan for the partner studios, site visits, etc;
- Communicate effectively the project vision, the technical and artistic specifications of the mandate with the partners;
- Obtain sign offs for the work carried out by partners at the end of each phase (iterative process);
- Ensure that the partners teams have the support they require so production runs smoothly;
- Identify, monitor and communicate risks, informing supervisors about relevant information about the mandates;
- Ensure that culturally and geographically distant partners build trust relationships and feel part of a large and cohesive team.
- Understand the game vision so as to intervene effectively when defining the scope;
- Provide the manager with updates on the advancement of partner deliverables;
- Escalate potential collaboration issues to the manager and set out potential solutions;
- Carry out all other related tasks;
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent analytical and artistic skills;
- A technical problem solving mind-set is essential;
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills;
- In depth knowledge of the video game industry and production processes, with a particular focus on object creation;
- Knowledge of outsourcing production pipelines is desirable;
- Ability to develop the skills of collaborators;
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and work effectively under pressure;
- Exceptional knowledge of issue, task-tracking software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in Art, Project Management or any other relevant experience;
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Project Management or any other relevant training;
- Experience in games asset creations;
- Outsourcing and/or Co-dev experience is an asset;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK