Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Play a crucial role in creating key monetisation systems to facilitate titles to be launched as a Games as a Service platform that respect the core vision and create an optimal player experience. Work closely with design, production, marketing and analytics in order to prioritise monetisation opportunities based on key performance drivers.
Lead Game Designer
- Design sustainable monetisation systems in line with the game’s vision, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensue these systems are integrated into the core gameplay features;
- Promote a holistic monetisation strategy with the goal of improving retention and increasing in game revenue, while respecting the player experience;
- Work with design, production and business teams to manage content and pricing for any in-game purchases
- Collaborate with operational teams to maximize post-launch/live campaign and content efforts;
- Analyse the impact of changes in the game, identify opportunities that will have a positive impact on monetisation;
- Be the main conduit for key performance indicators (KPIs) related to acquisition, retention and monetisation, analyse KPI reports and share information with production teams to identify and predict trends;
- Ensure compliance with the Ubisoft’s standards and monetisation practices;
- Provide support, objective feedback and mentoring for the team as and when required;
- Take a primary role in raising the overall knowledge level in the design team, project team and studio
Skills and Knowledge
- Passionate about playing and making games;
- Excellent knowledge of the games industry;
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.);
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of Game Designers
- Comprehensive working knowledge of applications related to documentation (such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Wiki etc.);
- Excellent working knowledge of current theories of gameplay and their practical applications;
- Strong understanding of 3Cs, usability and UI design best practices;
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing and leading game designers;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;