Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE! There is a huge variety of challenging and exciting positions available across our studios in Newcastle upon Tyne and Leamington Spa, so if you are a graduate looking to start your career in videogames, we want to hear from you!
Lead Tools and Automation Programmer
- Support with coding, innovative design and layout for internal and external websites;
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices;
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS 3 practices;
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases;
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs;
- Assist with maintaining, expanding, and scaling sites based on client demand;
- Cooperate with design teams to match visual design intent.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong understanding of web programming principles;
- Proficient programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS 3;
- Familiarity with at least one of the following programming languages: PHP, ASP.NET, Jquery;
- Familiarity with Atlassian products and other CMS system design and accessibility;
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices;
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development;
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within various constraints;
- BS in computer science or a related field;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK