Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Play a crucial role in the implementation of key vehicle systems with respect to the creative direction and technical constraints of the project.
• Responsible for design and implementation of vehicle handling;
• Help define the correct balance of handling style and difficulty for the project;
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
• Define, create and maintain game design documents as required;
• Collaborate with the user research lab and QC teams in regards to playtests of prototypes and implement feedback into work;
• Efficiently communicate and support messages from studio management;
• Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
• Be a reference for the team and the studio in relation to vehicle handling design and find solutions to complex issues which arise;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the competition of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tools;
• Contribute to the handling, gameplay, and mechanics setup;
• Prioritise and meet deadlines, document and communicate progress, participate in design meetings;
• Assist the Lead Game Designer in any other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge
• Passion, knowledge and a strong interest in a wide range of video games, especially driving genre;
• An active interest in real world vehicles and motorsports, and the behaviour and performance of vehicles;
• Ability to translate vehicle performance designs into practical computer simulation implementations;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
• Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
• Demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts;
• Task driven, good time management and problem-solving skills, as well as strong analysis and communication.
• Bachelor’s degree in games design or other relevant training;
• 5 years’ minimum experience as a game designer or other relevant experience;
• Has shipped at least 1 game in a similar role, preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console title.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K