Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Your Career Starts Here!
There is a huge variety of challenging and exciting positions available across our studios in Newcastle upon Tyne and Leamington Spa, so if you are a graduate looking to start your career in videogames, we want to hear from you!
Working in the UI team, design and create user-centric products and experiences for our game worlds. The focus of your work will be to create smooth and enjoyable player interaction.
Lead UI Artist
- Complete, with support, assigned tasks through all stages of the production process from conception to final sign-off
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process
- Implement and streamline the functionality and usability of assigned features
- Participate in the sign-off process and incorporate feedback into your work
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback
- Understand and work within the project UI art direction to ensure consistency throughout the work
- Produce optimized assets optimisation in-line with the technical requirements and conventions of each project
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Keep your understanding and knowledge within UI art up-to-date with industry standards in this evolving field
- Some limited travel may be expected to other studios depending upon the project
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Graphic Design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography)
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is desirable
- Basic motion graphics skills
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable
- Good working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.)
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable
- Previous experience of working in a games industry internship or studio an advantage but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.) is advantageous
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is advantageous
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
Ubisoft reserves the right to close this advert earlier should we feel we have received sufficient applications.