Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Work alongside a multidisciplinary team to create and implement complex technical system design elements into the game while acting as a technical reference for team members on the project.
- Oversee the production and implementation of the technical elements of a complete game feature;
- Act as a technical reference for the team in relation to level design and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Contribute to data optimisation and validation by ensuring that team members comply with
- the technical standards;
- Take part in advanced data debugging until production has ended;
- Assist the lead in the review of work and provide feedback to team members on the project;
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
- Assist in the testing of new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team;
- Create, organise, and conduct training sessions for all level designers on the tools and methods used on the project;
- Share knowledge and motivate level designers within the team;
- Carry out production tasks as a level designer and prototype the gameplay features during game design;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
- Has shipped at least one first or third Person AAA console title as a senior level designer
- Experience in Open World creation
- Experience in Collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (such as python, LUA etc.);
- Strong knowledge of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.);
- Strong knowledge of level editors.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio etc.);
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce etc.);