Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
- Participate in technical art reviews, post-mortem analysis, and encourage artists to share knowledge with their peers;
- Work with the technical art team to identify ways to increase efficiencies in processes and production pipelines and identify risks or flaws in proposed pipelines;
- Provide documentation of art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within the assigned project;
- Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
- Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
- Understand best practices, pipelines and workflows;
- Assist the technical art director in the creation of documentation;
- Provide feedback and advice to team members;
- Improve the pipelines and skills needed for the production art team;
- Document and train artists in approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
- Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, modelling, animation and texturing when required;
- Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive and results orientated;
- Willingness to share knowledge openly;
- Working knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
- Understanding of platform strengths and limitations;
- Knowledge of art asset pipelines;
- Aptitude for scripting and programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- Significant working experience as a Technical Artist or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
- Experience in the video game industry is essential.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K