Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Be responsible for leading the engineering team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment, defining and tracking the schedule for his team, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering team, and being an evangelist for the project.
Producer of the Project
Programmer Team Leads and Technical Leads
• Mentor, manage and regularly review individuals to build a cohesive and effective team;
• Work with production, engineers, design and art team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the engineering team and track development efforts across the team;
• Determine the technical needs and requirements for the team;
• Liaise with internal and external middleware technology providers, and console manufacturers;
• Balance active code development with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead;
• Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements;
• Ensure code is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system by leading regular technical design and code reviews;
• Define good programming practices and coding standards, and ensure they are enforced within the engineering team through regular peer code reviews;
• Ensure the creation of technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines, and assist in the creation of submission materials as required;
• Continually review the game and development processes to identify potential improvements;
• An advocate and ambassador for technology sharing across projects;
• Supporting the Producer in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Passionate about playing and making games, and has a good knowledge of the games industry in general;
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development;
• Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira, etc;
• Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers;
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind;
• Knowledge of most areas of game development (physics, AI, gameplay, rendering, online, tools, UI, audio) with expertise in at least 1 area;
• Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a significant complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
• In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc;
• Proven ability to debug defects of a significant complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging.
• Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce;
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
• 6 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 2 published games, with at least 1 project at senior level.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Ubisoft reserves the right to close this advert earlier should we feel we have received sufficient applications.