Junior Level Designer (G199)
Start your career here!! Ubisoft Leamington and Reflections are currently hiring a Junior Level Designer to join the studio upon completion of their final year of a BA or MA this summer. This role would be a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, with the opportunity to become a permanent member of the Ubisoft team thereafter.
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Assist in the creation and implementation of design elements while working within a collaborative multidiscipline environment.
Lead Level Designer
- Integrate assigned levels with support from team members;
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level according to the creative vision of the project;
- Assist in the testing of new features and tools developed by the Technical Level Design team and provide relevant feedback;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work in line with the defined quality standards for the project;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Develop an understanding of Rational Level Design theory and implement content according to defined guidelines;
- Maintain and update relevant documentation as part of the design process;
- Work with internal quality control team as part of any debugging process by communicating and working towards resolving any reported issues;
- Participate in regular content reviews with the team to generate feedback and incorporate changes as required;
- Participate in the playtest process and observe player actions on the project to generate feedback for the team;
- Support the Lead Level Designer with any other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Good knowledge of scripting languages (such as python, LUA etc.);
• Basic understanding of level design tools and software as part of the production pipeline and workflow;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.);
• Basic understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.);
• Good knowledge of level editors;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good analytical and problem solving skills;
• Adaptability and proactivity;
• Good organisation skills and attention to detail;
• Good understanding of consumer needs and market trends;
• Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or other relevant subject 2:1 or above.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
Opening Date: 9th February 2018
Closing Date for applications: 30th March 2018
Ubisoft Leamington reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications