Narrative Designer (183)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
The Narrative Designer is responsible for the integration of gameplay in the narrative structure and scripted events, working within the narrative team and with other design teams.
• Understand the elements of gameplay and consider how they might affect the development of history and allow some adjustments;
• Collaborate with the senior narrative designer, to translate the intentions and required emotions of the player, in order to create appropriate systems;
• Support the senior narrative designer in the creation of systems supporting the key emotions and the game experience through the narrative proper (gameplay production, dialogue, scripted events);
• Formalize, document and update the narrative systems and their implementation, according to the principles established by the narrative director;
• Describe narrative situations, create documents defining their content, their role in the course of the game;
• Participate in the development of specific features and assets to the narrative/scripted events, as well as in their implementation and debug;
• Throughout the production, make necessary changes of the narrative system and scripted events arising from feedback, to allow for a constant support of the narrative experience in order to achieve the desired player experience;
• May be required to assume the responsibilities of the writer on certain projects;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills & knowledge
• Good knowledge of video games;
• Knowledge of Game Design basic rules ( learning curve, difficulty curve, curve of rhythm);
• Strong analytical and structured mind with a strong capacity for abstraction.;
• Listening and communication skills;
• To spot new trends and innovations in the industry.
• Substantial working experience in narrative design, script writing, or equivalent;
• Experience in video games is an asset;
• Knowledge of writing, screenwriting rules and filmmaking.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.