Senior Visual Effect Artist (189)
Be responsible for, advise on and improve the quality of visual effects for the project and ensure that the work is in line with technical and artistic constraints while supporting the Lead Artist on management focused tasks.
- Produce high quality effects through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints;
- Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team;
- Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign off process for own and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance;
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
- Understand the game design documents in regards to the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style and use them to create game levels;
- Support the Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of relevant 3D software with particular emphasis on fluid simulation and rigid body dynamics tools (e.g. FumeFx, Rayfire, Realflow etc.);
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines;
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects for texture creation;
- Strong knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems;
- Strong understanding of node based shaders and their creation;
- Strong understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
- Strong understanding of modelling, texture mapping, materials and post processing (colour grading etc.);
- Knowledge of data management software (such as perforce);
- Strong Understanding of workload management software/principles (Jira);
- Excellent knowledge of video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- 5 years’ minimum experience as a visual effects artist or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in visual effects or other relevant training;
- Has shipped at least 1 or more games as a visual effects artist; preferably full project cycles on ‘AAA’ console titles;
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
Opening Date: 13th December 2017
Closing Date: 12th January 2018
Salary : Competitive plus Relocation