Senior Concept Artist (115)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Develop complex artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
• Establish the style of the project and be a reference for all elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
• Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
• Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
• Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team;
• Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
• Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management;
• Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
• Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
• Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign off process for own and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
• Effectively communicate complex visual intentions to the wider art team;
• Support the Lead Artist and/or Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
• Excellent drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
• In-depth Anatomical and architectural knowledge;
• Solid knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
• Strong observation and research skills;
• Strong knowledge of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling;
• Solid digital illustration skills;
• Strong working knowledge of Photoshop;
• Good working knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software;
• Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
• Good knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
• Substantial working experience in concept art or other relevant experience;
• Bachelors’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
• Has shipped at least 1 game as a concept artist; preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
• Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 20th October 2017
Closing date for applications: 19th November 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.