Development Tester (101)
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Provide constant support to their assigned development cell and to production as a whole by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected quality level.
- Understand their role as part of the team is to optimise the quality of the game;
- Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner;
- Perform regular regression to validate that bugs are fixed;
- Execute all test cases as defined by the lead, respecting fixed productivity and quality targets;
- Validate new content, features and fixes from the development team for both quality and functionality before those changes are submitted to the game;
- Track bugs entered in the database (Jira) by external testing team and manage the assignment of those bugs respecting Ubisoft’s internal priority system;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered, the status of the build and your perception of the game’s quality;
- Work autonomously, prioritising work in accordance with the project’s needs;
- Support the development, production and marketing teams according to specific requests;
- Assure the quality of production tools before they are shared with the development teams;
- Complete smoke tests on specific versions before they are sent to Functional QA;
- Maintain good communications and productive collaboration with all QA team members and the development team;
- Collaborate with the Functionality QA teams for the duration of development;
- Constantly communicate issues encountered to team members and developers;
- Determine test needs with development teams, Associate Producers and Production Coordinators;
- Work closely with the Lead QA/Associate Lead QA to create and complete test plans and draft reports.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference;
- Knowledge of the Windows environment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Knowledge of scrum is an asset;
- Knowledge of console operations is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills are essential to the role;
- The role holder should be passionate about video games;
- Relevant experience as a tester in a video game company ideally as an embedded tester;
Preferably having shipped at least one title in a QA capacity.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.