Narrative Designer (157)
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
The Narrative Designer is responsible for the integration of gameplay in the narrative structure and scripted events, working within the narrative team and with other design teams.
• Understand the elements of gameplay and consider how they might affect the development of history and allow some adjustments;
• Collaborate with the senior narrative designer, to translate the intentions and required emotions of the player, in order to create appropriate systems;
• Support the senior narrative designer in the creation of systems supporting the key emotions and the game experience through the narrative proper (gameplay production, dialogue, scripted events);
• Formalize, document and update the narrative systems and their implementation, according to the principles established by the narrative director;
• Describe narrative situations, create documents defining their content, their role in the course of the game;
• Participate in the development of specific features and assets to the narrative/scripted events, as well as in their implementation and debug;
• Throughout the production, make necessary changes of the narrative system and scripted events arising from feedback, to allow for a constant support of the narrative experience in order to achieve the desired player experience;
• May be required to assume the responsibilities of the writer on certain projects;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills & knowledge
• Good knowledge of video games;
• Knowledge of Game Design basic rules ( learning curve, difficulty curve, curve of rhythm);
• Strong analytical and structured mind with a strong capacity for abstraction.;
• Listening and communication skills;
• To spot new trends and innovations in the industry.
• Substantial working experience in narrative design, script writing, or equivalent;
• Experience in video games is an asset;
• Knowledge of writing, screenwriting rules and filmmaking.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 4th September 2017
Closing date for applications: 3rd October 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.