Junior Level Designer (164)
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Assist in the creation and implementation of design elements while working within a collaborative multidiscipline environment.
Lead Level Designer
• Integrate assigned levels with support from team members;
• Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level according to the creative vision of the project;
• Assist in the testing of new features and tools developed by the Technical Level Design team and provide relevant feedback;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work in line with the defined quality standards for the project;
• Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
• Develop an understanding of Rational Level Design theory and implement content according to defined guidelines;
• Maintain and update relevant documentation as part of the design process;
• Work with internal quality control team as part of any debugging process by communicating and working towards resolving any reported issues;
• Participate in regular content reviews with the team to generate feedback and incorporate changes as required;
• Participate in the playtest process and observe player actions on the project to generate feedback for the team;
• Support the Lead Level Designer with any other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Good knowledge of scripting languages (such as python, LUA etc.);
• Basic understanding of level design tools and software as part of the production pipeline and workflow;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.);
• Basic understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.);
• Good knowledge of level editors;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good analytical and problem solving skills;
• Adaptability and proactivity;
• Good organisation skills and attention to detail;
• Good understanding of consumer needs and market trends;
• Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment or other relevant experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or other relevant training
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 18th August 2017
Closing date for applications: 17th September 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.