Lead Level Designer (134)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Lead, mobilise and develop team of level designers within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the level design of the project.
- Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
- Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
- Review and give feedback on level design content to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game;
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to level design team members;
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's creative direction and deadlines;
- Plan the work, and set priorities for the level design team;
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
- Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes;
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the level design team meets expectations;
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
- Manage the onboarding process for new starters in their team;
- Facilitate training initiatives for the team as required in liaison with the Learning & Development Manager;
- Communicate the results of any prototypes and designs to other disciplines in order to validate level design intentions and ensure they fit with the creative vision;
- Identify requirements of any designs and communicate these to the appropriate teams in order that required content is created;
- Identify any additional programming requirements, specify the requirement and test the delivered product;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
- A passion for games and a keen interest in gameplay creation;
- An aptitude for logical problem solving;
- Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities;
- Composure in the face of development cycle challenges;
- A passion for computer games and an interest in the structure and design of individual missions;
- Creative flair coupled with an analytical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Enthusiasm for on-going learning and self-development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in game level design and production or equivalent is a must;
- Substantial working experience as a senior level designer or Lead Level Designer on at least two AAA titles;
- Extensive experience using level editing tools;
- Extensive experience using node-based visual script logic;
- Experience supervising a level design team is a significant asset.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 18th September 2017
Closing date for applications: 17th October 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.