Technical Animator (007)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
The Technical Animator will be responsible for developing and maintaining animation systems, rigging, pipelines and processes used by the animation team. The Technical Animator reports to the Lead Animator.
- Develop, test and maintain complex animation systems in conjunction with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members as required
- Provide technical support on the animation tools and editor to the team
- Assist in the design, integration and validation of animation assets.
- Learn all required features and functions of the animation system editor and tools
- Participate in and supervise integration of the animation assets into the game engine
- Collaborate to ensure compliance of animation features with technical, aesthetic and gameplay constraints
- Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Support the Lead Animator in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
- Assist in planning and scheduling of animation work
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong practical understanding of animation logic: node graphs, animation trees and similar engine editors and technologies;
- Experience on character action focused games preferred with at least one shipped title;
- Strong character animation skills and understanding of animation principles;
- Experience working with high-fidelity motion capture advantageous;
- Enthusiastic, methodical and organised approach to work with high quality standards;
- Able to document and explain their work clearly and concisely;
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Motionbuilder preferred, knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya and similar packages useful;
- Strong understanding of rigging, skinning and related character technologies;
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and the visual arts;
- Ability to work flexibly, accept and give feedback and adapt to change;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as part of a multi- disciplinary team;
- Sense of initiative, originality and resourcefulness in problem solving.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 4th September 2017
Closing date: 3rd October 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.