Lead UI Artist (159)
Lead, mobilise and develop an art team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
Members of the art team at all levels
• Develop performance and expertise within their team while furthering their own knowledge and expertise;
• Prioritise, plan and organise their own work and their teams work in conjunction with the Producer/Associate Producer;
• Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner;
• Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines;
• Identify and set up best practices;
• Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project;
• Facilitate training initiatives for the team as required in liaison with the Learning & Development Manager;
• Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in their work;
• Rapidly integrate strategic changes given by the producer into their team;
• Make suggestions that are in line with the game's marketing positioning;
• Participate and be an active contributor of the Art Board, a studio level initiative where all Art Leads discuss the requests and needs of their artists at a high level;
• Keep open channels of communication across their team/collaborating studio/ outsource partner;
• Produce schedules alongside the Producer in respect of constraints;
• Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes;
• Delegate and assign work to team members using JIRA or other tracking tools used on the project;
• Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for their team and the studio;
• Manage the onboarding process for new starters in their team;
• Hold regular team updates (‘scrums’) and update Producer/Associate Producer;
• Manage individual team member’s performance and progress;
• Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
• Good knowledge of modeling techniques to create graphic assets expected on the project;
• Good knowledge of texture mapping and material;
• Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong leadership, team and people management skills;
• 5 years’ minimum experience in Art or any other relevant experience;
• Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console;
• Bachelor’s degree in any art based subject or any other relevant training.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 29th August 2017
Closing date for applications: 28th September 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.