Concept Artist (121)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Develop artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
• Assist in establishing the style of the project and be a reference for all elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
• Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
• Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
• Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
• Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
• Effectively communicate basic visual intentions to the wider art team;
• Support the Lead Artist and/or Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
• Strong drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
• Anatomical and architectural knowledge;
• Knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
• Good observation and research skills;
• Knowledge of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling;
• Digital illustration skills; Advanced understanding of Photoshop;
• Good understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software;
• Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
• Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
• 2 - 3 years’ experience in concept art or other relevant experience;
• Bachelors’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
• Experience working with a photo realistic environment.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 18th September 2017
Closing date for applications: 17th October 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.