Environment Artist (100)
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015'. Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Independently deliver the graphic content for the project and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Assess and plan out the space, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions;
- Plan,estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Create fully functional assets which can be shared across the project and respect the technical and artistic constraints;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of various artistic elements, make changes and address issues with team members whenever necessary;
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers;
- Fully realise a space with the assets available to tell an interesting and varied story;
- Integrate the produced elements, objects and textures into the level;
- Reference game design documents and develop an in-depth knowledge of the environments,
objectives, atmospheres, story and style to create game levels;
- Understand project tools and their functions, the project file classification system and the process to update engine data;
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Support the Lead Environment Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing environments;
- Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines;
- Good working knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages;
- Good understanding of composition and visual storytelling;
- Good knowledge of level editors;
- Good understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce etc.);
- Good gameplay and level design knowledge;
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game develop
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines;
- Knowledge of optimisation techniques (e.g. 3D Studio Max).
- 2 – 3 years’ industry experience as an Environment Artist or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience in both hard surface and organic modelling;
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop.
Salary:Competitive + Relocation
Location:Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 22nd June 2017
Closing date for applications: 21st July 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing
date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.